Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Everybody's Got Something To Hide Except Me And My Monkey

Here are some pictures from my trip to Arashiyama Monkey Park. This place is great. It is a pretty harsh climb up some serious hills for a wee while (especially in the pointless Kyoto summer heat), but once at the top it is very much worth it. Nice view, nice monkeys. My favourite thing is that there is an enclosure for the humans rather than the monkeys.


This is a monkey getting ready to charge at my flatmate, Ryo.



Me feeding a monkey some tasty banana.



Me trying to feed a baby monkey, but the adult one kept swooping in and stealing everything.

The mortified Japanese children who were nearby were shrieking "CHI-CHAN!!!" One of the little girls cried and tried to punch the adult monkey. Thankfully the fence was there to prevent the monkey in question from destroying her.


I did look at a monkey in the eye, and I held a monkey's hand for a short while. It was a good day.

3 comments: