Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Warm Night

The climate here has become somewhat bearable since my mid September arrival. At first though, it was either too sweaty too move, or a monsoon. On a particularly hot day a few weeks ago I saw this:


I especially enjoyed the fact that everyone was either completely unfazed by it, or were greeting the dog in a non-excited fashion, as if it were a work colleague or casual acquaintance.

"Konnichiwa inu chan."

That is definitely one thing I love about it here. Everyone greets each other in what appears to be a genuinely friendly manner. Every morning, several people will throw an "ohayou" (why, good morning!) in my direction for no particular reason. Be it an old lady, a policeman, or a happy mother with child, it's always welcome as far as I am concerned.

1 comment:

  1. what a lovely doggy dog.

    this is nice blog. Keep it up greaeme.

    ReplyDelete